- RSS Channel Showcase 2579450
- RSS Channel Showcase 4202318
- RSS Channel Showcase 8785749
- RSS Channel Showcase 6298093
- 05/10/17--11:08: Sr. Conversational/Chatbot Engineer at ChefSteps, Inc (Seattle, WA)
- 05/12/17--12:25: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at Leadpages (Minneapolis, MN)
- Build and deploy a production feature your first week on the job
- Work with a front-end developer to build and deploy new features and optimize performance of existing features
- Write unit tests for your code to maintain our current 92% test coverage (we have 2.5 lines of tests for every line of production code)
- Tackle interesting problems, with the time to solve them correctly
- Build your legacy in a gorgeous production SaaS app used on thousands of production websites
- Work directly with two SaaS founders on a highly-effective software team
- 04/26/17--09:02: Security Engineer at GitLab () (allows remote)
- Technical Skills
- Development experience with Ruby on Rails. This position does not require senior-level development experience but the applicant should be very familiar with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws that apply to Ruby on Rails applications.
- In this position we expect that you will spend about 60% of your time on development for patches, security releases, higher-level application security, and - if time allows - non-security related development.
- Ability to discover and patch SQLi, XSS, CSRF, SSRF, authentication and authorization flaws, and other web-based security vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10 and beyond).
- Knowledge of common authentication technologies including OAuth, SAML, CAs, OTP/TOTP.
- Knowledge of browser-based security controls such as CSP, HSTS, XFO.
- Experience with standard web application security tools such as Arachni, Brakeman, and BurpSuite.
- Code quality
- Proactively identifying and reducing security risks.
- Finding and removing outdated and vulnerable code and code libraries.
- Consult with other developers and product managers to analyze and propose application security standards, methods, and architectures.
- Handle communications with independent vulnerability researchers and design appropriate mitigation strategies for reported vulnerabilities.
- Educate other developers on secure coding best practices.
- Ability to professionally handle communications with outside researchers, users, and customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly on technical issues.
- Performance & Scalability
- An understanding of how to write code that is not only secure but scales to a large number of users and systems.
- 09/14/17--14:07: Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer at The Nerdery (Chicago, IL)
Architect web solutions and troubleshoot and resolve technical problems to satisfy customer business needs
Work with clients to understand business needs and create technical solutions
Provide technical feedback and leadership to other team members
Document key aspects of a project for the client and other team members
Contribute to our collective brain power through innovation and peer review
ChefSteps is seeking a full-time Conversational Experience Software Engineer to help us revolutionize the home kitchen. Is it you we’re looking for?
We are a Seattle-based cooking and technology company dedicated to inspiring home cooks to cook more often and have more fun doing it. We design our software and hardware products to solve problems, boost creative instincts, and encourage experimentation in the home kitchen.
We are looking for a senior developer to work on cutting-edge conversational customer support, Internet of Things control, and commerce bot experiences on platforms including Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger. You have used api.ai, Chatfuel, or a similar service to enable NLP and AI for customer-facing interactions. You are masterful at coordinating a variety of APIs to produce seamless, high-quality interactions. While your work may primarily be on services, you are sensitive to the customer experience that they enable.
We promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. We’re a Minneapolis, MN-based early-stage tech company that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization online. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do.
This position is for Drip, a SaaS application that recently became part of the Leadpages family. If you wind up working with us, you'll witness first-hand how a small SaaS team maintains double-digit growth every month (and how we scale our technology to handle it).
As a Senior Rails Developer, you’ll work on a small product team in a gorgeous Rails codebase to ship production features used by thousands of customers.
Come join the fun and build something great with us!
What you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
A Security Specialist is a Developer who focuses on ensuring that GitLab and associated applications are as secure as possible. The Security Specialist reports to the Security Lead and has the following set of skills, experience, and responsibilities:
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer at The Nerdery, you'll have the opportunity to work on projects for a wide range of clients. We have opportunities to solve customer projects with a variety of Ruby solutions such as Rails 4, Rspec, FactoryGirl, Sidekiq, Active Job and other Rails technologies. The position provides opportunities to expand your horizons to reach your personal development goals.
Most of our engineers contribute to a multitude of projects each year. You’ll never feel like you’re stuck working on a single project for the rest of your career.
You are passionate, flexible, and ready to collaborate with talented engineers to craft brilliant applications from even bigger ideas. You’re a good citizen of the web who believes in choosing the right tool for the job, values including all users, and understands the power of testing.